“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.”
In accordance with August 13th the world organ donation day, a variety of activities were conducted by MOHAN Foundation to spread awareness about organ donation. This also included an interactive session about organ donation by Ms. Bhavana Akilan, a grade 12 student interning with the Foundation along with Ms. Ishwarya.
The session was held for a team of engineers from Honeywell Automation Ltd., Chennai. It was held on 29th August at 4pm on the Google Meet platform. The following topics were discussed:
- Concepts of organ donation
- Types of donation
- Cadaver donation and the process
- Living donation
- Donation and transplantation statistics over the years
- The work done by MOHAN Foundation
- Details about the donor card
- Common myths associated with organ donation
- Impact of social media in promotion of the cause
The Q&A session, taken up by Ms. Ishwarya, was a very informative one. The audience posed questions about brain death, eye donation, transplant process, rigor mortis, living donation, umblical cord donation, possibility of brain transplant etc.
The were around 13 participants and their enthusiasm and willingness to spread the word about organ donation and also sign up as donors themselves made the entire experience a worthy, enriching and rewarding one.